Do a Google search for the top countries to visit and more and more you will find that South Africa is coming up the rankings very quickly. As a matter of fact, South Africa made it to number six on a new list of the “World’s Best Countries”, as voted for by the readers of Condé Nast Traveller (UK) as reported in Times Live in September 2017.
What this translates to, is that international visitors to South Africa are on the increase, and dramatically so. That means that the expectations and demands of these visitors need to be taken into consideration … if you want to benefit from this influx of visitors.
We have done a number of interviews with restaurateurs over the last while, and they all report that their international guests have heard about South African wines and they are here to try them out. And… they want to try their wine … by the glass.
If we consider the trends of international visitors and their expectations of their drinking experiences, then surely you, as a hotel group, should be offering your full wine list, and most especially your premium wines,… by the glass?
It is of considerable interest to us, that in our research, we find that many hotel groups do not appear to be cognizant of the value of this wine by the glass market – from both local patrons and international – who are more and more often demanding wine AND bubbly by the glass. It seems that isolated hotels within these groups, where an informed F&B Manager or Sommelier sees value in benefitting from this trend, are putting viable solutions in place, but usually this is not replicated through the whole hotel group. Why is this so?
- Would it not make sense for a hotel to consider the benefits of being in a position to offer their full wine and bubbly (including champagne) ranges by the glass?
- Would it not make sense for a hotel group to focus on customer satisfaction where the customer has a great choice of wine by the glass?
- Would it not make sense for a hotel group to consider how selling a full range of wine by the glass can increase their wines sales through increased customer spend, and as a result increasing their profits?
- Would it not make sense for a hotel group to look at creating a preferred destination for wine lovers?
- Would it not make sense for hotel groups to eliminate the risk of a bad wine experience?
- Would it not make sense for hotel groups to have a focus on eliminating wine wastage?
- Would it not make sense for hotel groups to consider offering experiences like food pairing or in-house wine tasting events?
- Would it not make sense for hotel groups to have a means of selling out slow moving stock?
- Would it not then make sense, in considering all of the above, for a hotel group to look for a system that preserves wine and bubbly so that they can offer their whole range by the glass?
And that last point is key – yes, of course it makes sense for a hotel group to look at a preservation system for both wine and bubbly. And yet many of them don’t. And perhaps it is that they don’t know what’s available for them. Perhaps they don’t know that Le Verre de Vin:
- Comes in 4 system types:
- Portable Tower – great for events as it is stand-alone and can moved around – all it needs is a plug point
- Classic – a wall mounted elegant edition to any bar, providing
- Compact – an under- counter system – easy to install in any existing bar area
- Pod Bar – a stylish combined wine cooler and preservation unit – great technology for this modern trend
- Is the only preservation system that can preserve both still AND sparkling wine
- Keeps preserved wine fresh for 21 days without any degredation on the quality of the wine
- Is the only preservation system that creates a precisely controlled preservation environment irrespective of how much wine remains in the bottle.
- Is the only commercial-grade wine preservation system that is able to re-seal an unlimited number of opened bottles of still, sparkling wine and champagne
- Is extremely easy to use and preserves wine in 3 seconds and bubbly in 5 seconds
- It allows the operator the flexibility of offering wine by the glass service by pouring each and every glass of wine directly in front of the customer.
- Is compact, reliable, easy to use and operates automatically within a matter of seconds.
- Usually creates an increase of 25%+ in the value of wine by the glass sales
- Offers special terms for hotel groups, making it an even more viable business proposition
- Offers rental options too at very affordable rates
- Even has lease to purchase options available
Le Verre de Vin – it just makes business sense for hotel groups (and restaurants, and wine farms and wine bars and distributors….). Don’t delay – find out how you can incorporate Le Verre de Vin’s affordable still wine and champagne preservation technology into your business today. Please contact us on 021 788 9788 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org