I want to take you back 15 years to when we first introduced Le Verre de Vin to South Africa. We were looking for a referral from a local winery that would give the South African market a local context. So we approached Graham Beck Winery and asked them to test the preservation life of their white and red wine, and their bubbly. The initial reaction from the then General Manager, Gary Baumgarten, was…” not another wine gimmick!”
Despite this reaction, he agreed to go ahead and he preserved his wines and waited three weeks. We were extremely pleased when he called us at the end of the three weeks to say that his preserved wines were in perfect condition and his bubbly pristine. He gave us his full endorsement that our product did what we said it did.
Fast forward to 2019. In this last week we had a chat with Kato de Wet, the Graham Beck Tasting Room and Hospitality Manager. Kato has been with the Graham Beck Winery since 2015. Kato was drawn to Graham Beck due to their reputation as one of the top wineries in South Africa.
Two years ago Graham Beck made the decision to only serve MCC (Method Cap Classique). This is a focus on the passionate pursuit of the perfect bubble – a journey of timeless elegance, constant innovation and the utmost in excellence.
With the Le Verre de Vin system already in place at Graham Beck, Kato quickly saw how Le Verre de Vin was an integral part of maintaining the excellence of their offering. Their clientele expects the best and they want their MCC to be freshly opened. Le Verre de Vin allows Graham Beck Winery to offer a taste experience as though the bottle has just been opened. To do this, they ensure that that they seal the bottles immediately after they have poured theMCC. Their experience with the system means that clients are served with bubbly of the same quality as a newly opened bottle’s, even a day after it has been opened.
- They can showcase a range of eight different highly priced, and some rare, MCC’s to guests without the worry that they waste their precious liquid.
- They can keep wastage to a minimum with their Le Verre de Vin
- They find it is an easy-to-use, no-hassles product. They use it in their stride; while the guests continue to taste, they stay in the serving area and with one hand top up and seal the opened bottle. On top of it, it serves as a nice conversation starter! Almost every curious visitor wants to know more, which opens up a pleasant conversation.
- At Graham Beck they are fussy and very precise in terms of the layout of their tasting room. Great care is taken to ensure an aesthetic look and feel; with the Le Verre de Vin conveniently and strategically tucked in underneath the counter, it does not detract from any of that look and feel.
- They find the after sales service is excellent! To the point. Call, email and Ernest is there to assist.
- They have started to sell MCC by the glass; their Le Verre de Vin system has allowed them expand their service
When we asked Kato, what advice would she give anyone considering a wine preservation system for their establishment… she had this to say, “You probably know already that you cannot operate without a preservation system. Although a substantial initial expense, Le Verre de Vin proves its value within a year or less. Go for it!
If you would like to know more about Le Verre de Vin and how you can really reap the benefit of offering a range of wine by the glass too, then please contact us on 021 788 9788 or email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to discuss this with you in more detail.