We recently had a conversation with Gidi Caetano, the Estate Hospitality Manager at the prestigious Anthonij Rupert Wyne in the beautiful Franschhoek Valley. Anthonij Rupert Wyne was founded on the farm, L’Ormarins in Franschhoek by Johann Rupert who renamed the company in homage to his late brother, Anthonij Rupert. He constructed a state-of-the-art winemaking facility, and made considerable investment into the cultivation of top quality vineyards, catapulting the farm into a prestigious wine estate. The Anthonij Rupert Wyne portfolio is made up of a number of facets, best illustrated by their 6 wine brands:
- The Anthonij Rupert flagship range
- The Cape of Good Hope range
- Jean Roi
- The L’Ormarins MCC range
- The Terra del Capo Italian varietal range
- The Protea lifestyle range
Gidi was first introduced to Le Verre de Vin wine preservation systems by Bruce Robertson, when she set up and opened The Showroom Restaurant with him. Their most compelling reason for having a Le Verre de Vin system installed was that it allowed them to implement a groundbreaking wine list with one hundred quality wines by the glass. And interestingly, when moving onto a new establishment, and considering the wine options, this compelling reason remains the same for Gidi – having a Le Verre de Vin wine preservation system is a must, to afford them the ability to offer a large wine by the glass wine list.
As a result of her experience with the Le Verre de Vin system at The Showroom Gidi soon recognised that their return on investment (ROI) was quick and considerable. She experienced that just through the elimination of wine wastage that the system would pay for itself in a year.
Therefore it is no surprise that when she considered this excellent ROI, and coupled it with the excellent support that she consistently receives from The Bermar Collection South Africa, that
Gidi has insisted that a Le Verre de Vin system is installed wherever she goes.
And so after The Showroom, her history of installing Le Verre de Vin continued…
- First with SALT restaurant at the Ambassador Hotel in Bantry Bay, where they offered one hundred and forty wines by the glass
- She then moved to French Toast in Bree Street, Cape Town where again they also offered one hundred and forty local & international wines by the glass, as well as, tasting and wine flights
- And she is currently at Anthonij Rupert Wyne where there are thirty-six wines available by the glass, and for tasting across all price points (from R60 – R1000 per bottle). Anthonij Rupert & L’Ormarins Estates, where Gidi is based, houses the Four speciality cellars, equipped with state-of-the-art machinery. The precision and sense of detail is carried on to two exquisite tasting rooms located on the estate, each one dedicated to one of the popular wine ranges, as well as being equipped with a Le Verre de Vin wine preservation system. Anthonij Rupert Wyne has become an exceptional wine tasting experience, which caters to discerning guests from across the globe on a daily basis.
When asked what she would recommend to anyone considering a Le Verre de Vin system – she says that it is an excellent investment – when you consider that you can ‘pay off’ your investment in an estimated 12 months purely through the elimination of wine wastage AND all the while making a dramatic improvement in your product offering, you need to insist on installing a Le Verre de Vin wine preservation system too. In a tasting environment, using a top quality wine preservation system is the only way to ensure that the excellent quality produced by our wine makers is received by the customer in this exact pristine condition free of oxidation.
If you would like to know more about Le Verre de Vin and how you can really reap the benefit of offering a range of wine by the glass too, then please contact us on 021 788 9788 or email us at and we will be happy to discuss this with you in more detail.